Effective fall 2019, there are changes to the International Recovery Rate (domestic rate) process: Students no longer have to come in-person to the Office of the Registrar to request the reduced rate. It will now be adjusted by the Office of the Registrar after the course add/drop date for those who qualify. Courses must be added under the student's full-time program. OntarioLearn courses and courses added under Part-Time Studies will not qualify for the reduced rate.
Effective June 2019, in-person payments for program tuition fees and course registration are no longer accepted in the Office of the Registrar. Payments must be made through the Student Portal or through web banking.
Winter 2020 full-time registration and enrolment information
- Student access to winter term timetables starts December 9, 2019.
- Elective selection starts December 9, 2019.
- Registration for part-time courses starts January 13, 2020.
- The Student Portal opens December 9, 2019, at which time students may add/drop courses for the term.
- If students cannot complete registration through the Student Portal, beginning December 12, they must complete a Course Change Request Form found in the Student Portal, under the "Services" tab, "My Forms" sub-tab.
Registration Instructions - NEW! Digital forms are now available
When meeting with a student, it is your responsibility to ensure:
- the accuracy of the course/section number
- a timetable conflict doesn't occur due to the added course(s)
If a student needs to be force enrolled into a course section, the approval of the program chair is required, along with an explanation for the force enrol. For example: allowing a timetable conflict or allowing a student to take a course when they are missing a prerequisite.
Beginning December 12, to submit a request on behalf of a student:
1. Log in to myConestoga.
- Under My Communities, select More
- Select Registrar
- Select the Forms folder
2. Select, complete and submit the Course Change Request form.
3. Extra course fees will apply for additional courses above the normal course load.
- The fees will be adjusted by the Office of the Registrar for international students who qualify for the domestic rate. Do not send students to the Office of the Registrar for this purpose.
4. Students must pay fees for part-time and additional courses via the Student Portal within 48 hours of the course being added by the Enrolment Officer. For International students who have added surplus courses in their level and qualify for the domestic rate, course adjustments will be done January 22, 2020 and payment will be due January 24, 2020.