Customer Service Standards
- We treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect
- We comply with all policies and regulations governing the delivery of financial aid
- We ensure our services are accessible.
- We are knowledgeable in our profession in order to provide sound advice
We deliver timely and efficient service*
- Respond to emails, voice messages, fax and mail: 2-3 business days
- In person: 20-30 minutes
- Process ministry forms (such as OSAP): 3-7 business days
- Financial Aid Officer authority reviews, appeals, academic probation: 5-10 business days
- Government authority reviews: mailed within 5 business days, response from Ministry 4-12 weeks
- Government bursaries: 2-4 weeks
- Competitive awards, scholarships and bursaries: 6 weeks from deadline
- Continuing education bursaries: 3 weeks
- Emergency assistance: 3 business days
To meet these standards, we require:
- One piece of government issued photo identification ( ID) for OSAP inquiries
- One piece of government issued photo ID plus proof of Social Insurance Number** for loan resets and part-time loan pick up
- Submission of complete and accurate documents
- Your awareness of the terms and conditions of your OSAP agreement
*Please note that these standards can vary depending on time of year. The lower time frame reflects standards throughout the year and the higher time frames reflects the peak periods when new semesters start.
**Proof of Social Insurance Number (SIN) includes SIN card, SIN card confirmation document from Service Canada, or photocopy, Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), HST assessment, or Canada Pension Plan statement.